Thursday 19 November 2009

Bionic Joe, the Adventure Show, Cara and my back yard!


Well its pouring rain here ,but not as badly as it is in southern and western Scotland. Kathy was almost flooded as she drove her car to try and set up our TEAM ASCENT marketing table at The Kendal Mountain Film Festival which starts tonight and runs all weekend.. Please go and take the opportunity to swing by and say "Hi!" to Kathy and Coleen who will be dishing out brochures and free posters.
Here it's digging the garden and assisting neighbours with tree removal! Between doing the web site and planning Everest trips to both the Nepali and the Tibetan side for 2010 and 2011. Also I hope to try and guide Mera and Baruntse Peak (7129m) next fall. Also we will run our expedition to Island peak and Ama Dabalm again. The web site will be updated soon... unless some of my mates phone and drag me screaming from my desk to climb at the Inverness Climbing Wall!
You simply have to check out my good friend Joe French.. just as I left here for Nanga Parbat back in late May, Joe has been house sitting for me. More importantly he has been fortunate enough to be gainfully employed, performing outstandingly as a Man Friday for Richard Else.. Yet another humble and famous man who is based in this amazing neck of the woods. Anyway, Triple Echo is a wonderful company and we are fortunate to have such talent near by. Joe loves his work and getting wet, so check him out on: http://www.tripleecho.co.uk/ and follow the buttons across the top to click on Upcoming.
You will see him and Diziree preparing for the next "Adventure Show" which will be televised soon!!!
You must watch it, although its a big file. So, if you computer is as aged as mine, give it time to download!!
It's a cool life eh? My daughter Cara phoned to let me know she passed her degree essay, so she has only one more to pass and she will be let out to nurse us all soon... Oh la la... Secretly, a very proud Dad, you know!

No comments: