Thursday, 31 October 2013

Text from Mike Lean to Sandys sister 20:22hrs 31st October

Most of the team made it to Camp 1 on the 28th Oct and spent the night there. They climbed to Camp 2 the next day and then returned to base camp for rest.  Matt has a bad chest cold so has decided to abandon his climb and will walk out to Lukla tomorrow.  Everyone else is doing fine (and presumably enjoying the luxuries of base camp).

Strong winds are forecast.  Hoping these will abate to allow for a attempt on the summit.

So, that's the news. If you want to see some photos of Ama Dablam from a previous Team Ascent trip see blog posts for 28th Oct 2009.  For those of you who are new to this game, and for those of us who should know better (yes, I was on the web at 4 am looking at photos of Ama Dablam) just remember, no news is good news.  I wonder if there will be ghost stories at base camp tonight?

No comments: