Saturday 18 August 2018

First post for a while!

I apologise for not posting for a while. Our trip to Broad Peak left me a bit unhappy. Rick and I have been climbing a long long time and done some outstanding climbs together but his accident while unlucky and I acknowledge that we can all have accidents, Ricks fall on Broad Peak was rather silly as he simply pushed to hard and everyone else including myself turned back. ... so I am still hurting  and confused about all that. I cannot quite get it all to settle in my thoughts. Is my long time climbing parter exceedingly wise or was he being foolish?  I am delighted that his rescue had a happy ending.
It highlights to me that all us humans can be easily lead into heuristic traps. Its telling me that we all have to be careful, keep focus on our selfs and hope we have the sense and good fortune to make good decisions and not be fooled by our own emotions and yet in life we should follow what is in our hearts and live each day as if it is our last.
How can anyone be an expert? Now over the past week, I am back in Chamonix,  back climbing and working as a mountain guide, really  enjoying my time and my clients.





No comments: