Thursday 7 June 2018

Destination Broad Peak

Soon, I will be away travelling to the Karakoram range of mountains in Pakistan. More specifically we will be climbing on the Baltoro Muztagh mountains. Adventuring with my friends Rick Allen, Kacper Tekieli and Stanislav Vrba. I would like to thank the Mount Everest Foundation (MEF) and the Alpine Club/Montane for their encouragement and grants. Also G. B. (who prefers to keep a super low profile - a bit like us in that regard I suppose. It is super that he has found the time to join us at BC later in the season. He has worked so hard and smartly for much of his life that he is kind enough to share his rewards and help me out with this expedition.

 Equipment wise, none of these modern adventures could be done without some outstanding equipment designers, materials and manufacturers so I also wish to thank Gore-Tex, Mountain Equipment, PHD down equipment and Cairngorm Mountain Sports shop in Aviemore for their assistance. There are companies around the world who have helped us with equipment and of course none of us are alone and can become so strong when we work together. I have a great team of guys and I am so excited and looking forward to living another of my Alpine style 8000 meter dreams with such good friends. My daughters will be posting some of our messages on this simple blog - we do not expect to be sending back lots of news or digital images. No news is good news - but hopefully we will get an occasional text message sent out. Oh well - lets see what pans out..............

It may be the face I can't forget, the trace of pleasure or regret
 may be the treasure or the price I have to pay
May be the song that summer sings, maybe the chill that autumn brings
Maybe a thousand different things with in the measure of a day

Maybe the beauty and the beast, maybe a famine or a feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell,
Maybe the mirror of my dreams, a smile reflected in a stream
She may be not what she seems inside her shell.

 -Apologies to Elvis Costello- oops, "She' was actually written by Charles Aznavour and Herbert Kretzmer in 1974 and Elvis Castello recorder it in 1999.

1 comment:

JohnL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.