Monday 19 October 2009

Base Camp Established


19th October

Phone message today. Everyone has arrived safe and well having enjoyed being at Everest Base Camp. They have established base camp (at Ama Dablan). I assume this will consist of individual sleeping tents, cook tent, a large communal tent and toilet facilities!

Tomorrow will be a day of ritual. A Lama will come from Pangboche Monastery to perform a Paju ceremony at Base Camp. The next day, various other religious ceremonies will also be undertaken. These will bless the climbers and the mountain to ask for a safe passage. They will start climbing on Thursday 22nd.

Sandy tells me to expect an email with info about whats been happening on the journey so far. Unfortunately the internet connection was not working today so he has left it to be sent! The blog will be updated once it arrives so keep logging in!

1 comment:

Beccy H said...

Hi There,

I'm trying to send an email to the author of this blog. The email is an update from Snady but I don't have the correct email address to send this on to his sister. Please contact me on my email address.

thanks

Beccy Hollobon